- Compliance: courses are aligned with the Code of Practice and industry standards
- Cost-effective: typically a fraction of the cost of expensive classroom time and less disruptive than absence from work
- Efficiency - delivers consistent training standards across global operations
- Up to date: the courses are updated in line with updates and changes to the Code of Practice and informative material
- Certificate - a course completion certificate provided as a record of training
As consistently evidenced by the experience of both global freight transport insurer, TT Club and the Cargo Incident Notification System (CINS) Organisation, poor CTU packing is responsible for an alarmingly high number of incidents leading to damage, loss, injuries and fatalities. Additionally, the declaration of incorrect container weight (or Gross Mass) also contributes to adverse safety conditions.
The introduction of the Code of Practice for Packing of Cargo Transport Units (CTU Code) formulated jointly by three United Nations bodies, IMO, ILO and UNECE, and approved as non-mandatory international law, was introduced to try to improve this situation.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE RE-INTRODUCED OUR COVID-19 HOME WORKING OFFER UNTIL 31 DECEMBER 2020 TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS TO TRAIN DURING THESE UNPRECEDENTED TIMES. THE CTUpack E-LEARNING COURSES WILL HAVE A 10% DISCOUNT FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR
CTUpack e-learning includes two courses, an introduction and foundation course which provide guidance and training on the packing of CTUs. The courses are maintained in line with the IMO/ILO/UNECE Code of Practice for Packing of Cargo Transport Units.
Further information, including brochures, is available from the Resources & Support section (opposite). Click here for a summary of each course and to purchase.
The Code of Practice and supporting information is available from the UNECE website: